Looking Sharp on Zoom Calls
How did you look on your Zoom/Teams calls today?
Well-dressed, sharp, and organized?
Or like you just got out of bed, threw on a T shirt, and put your laptop on a table in your living room?
A key part of remote work is video calls. With teammates, clients, partners, investors, etc.
You. Want. To. Look. Good. On camera.
Do these things:
- Shower, nice haircut, dress well
- Good lighting (no window behind you, warm vs. white light, lamp in front of you)
- Elevate your laptop so the camera is not pointing *up* at you, but straight towards you. Use a Roost stand or stack books underneath.
- Be intentional about the room background behind you. Make it look good. Bed is made. Clean angles on wall framing. No mess. Conversation pieces like art visible. Try not to use a fake background.
- Buy a high resolution camera
- Buy a dedicated mic like the ones on podcasts
Spend an hour making this look good. Then do that every time you take calls.